4/29/09

larry gibson

i got a few responses today. all very friendly, and fairly informative, but the best one of all...

"Hi Jes my name is Larry Gibson I live on Kayford Mountain. My property is surrounded by mountaintop removal. You can actually see them blowing up the mountains from my property. If you would be interested in coming to West Virginia I would spend time with you and show you all around my mountain. thanks Larry Gibson Keeper of the mountains"

so im really excited about this. west virginia is a bit of a trek, but i have no doubt that it will be worth it, ten fold or better.
now i just have to figure out when would be the best time to go. im terribly impatient, but we cant afford (and i dont want to) to make this just a day trip.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I really hope you get to make the trip. I have seen Larry Gibson speak before and he is an extraordinary person. I live not far from Kayford Mt. and am all too familiar with the devastation of mountain top removal ... the loss of our land, homes, and culture.

girl said...

thank you! i will definitely make it, its just a matter of when. (waiting on my husband to figure out his summer school schedule)

would you like/be available to meet with me whenever i go out that way? i want to exhaust all of my resources.

feel free to email me jes.deis@gmail.com

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 the dirty lies of "clean coal". Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator